The troops and TV cameras may be gone, but the violence continues.
- Since April, waves of car bombs and other attacks have killed thousands
- More than 3 million Iraqis remain displaced, adding to a regional humanitarian crisis that includes 7 million displaced Syrians
- There are over 200,000 Syrian refugees in Iraq
- Obama is proposing 70-95% cuts in US funding for Iraqi peacebuilding, human rights, and civil society
We’re making this a Year of Peace by hitting the streets and social media with our campaign to support humanitarian action and renewed diplomacy for peace in Iraq.
Join us in urging President Obama to put Iraq back on the agenda and to strengthen humanitarian assistance to Iraqis and others fleeing violence today. Sign our petition on Change.org!
Here are 4 things you can do:
1) Sign and share our Change.org petition on Facebook and Twitter using #IraqMatters!
2) Strengthen the support base for our Summer of Peace by collecting contact information from interested members in your community. Neighborhood farmers markets are a great opportunity to meet new supporters! Collect supporter contact information using our sign up form.
3) Rock one of our Peace in Iraq t-shirts! By wearing the t-shirt, you help to spread the word about the campaign and with each purchase, $5 will go directly towards supporting the campaign.
4) Donate to our campaign to Put Iraq Back on the Agenda.