Specific policies on privacy, legal disclosure, and use of photography.
We are committed to respecting the privacy rights of all donors and visitors to our website. The following information details EPIC’s collection, protection, and use of the data we receive from donors and visitors to this website.
Our General Policy
EPIC recognizes the importance of protecting information we may collect from donors and visitors to our site. We maintain appropriate security measures to keep this information private.
Users can visit the site without revealing any information about themselves. If you choose to give us personal information via the Internet for the purposes of correspondence, processing a donation or subscribing to our email newsletter, then it is our intent to let you know how we will use such information.
EPIC will remove your name from our mailing list, email list or telephone solicitation list at any time, at your request. We will not sell, rent or trade your email address to a third party.
We use a third-party email marketing party to deliver emails. This company employs techniques for tracking open rates and click-thrus that use email address as an identifier.
You will be given the option to remove your name from our email list at the bottom of each email update. And, again, we will not sell, rent or trade your email address to a third party.
Online Donations and information security
Our online donation processor hosts our secure giving pages on PCI Compliant servers and uses high-grade encryption and the industry-standard https security protocol to ensure secure transactions.
Independent external and internal audits ensure the privacy, security and appropriate processing of your information on our site.
Use of Third-Party Software
Web browser tell us the type of computer and operating system our site visitors are using. We’re also able to learn the domain where our visitors come from. We analyze this data for trends and insights.
We also use Google Analytics to examine data about our site visitors. These services tell us information about technical aspects of our visitors’ computers and some demographic information. We use this information to improve our content and structure, leading to a better user experience. We do not receive or request any personally identifiable information from you unless you provide it.
Safeguarding the privacy of children
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to provide us with their personal information without parent or guardian consent. If you are under 18, do not send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone numbers, or e-mail address, unless you have your parent’s or guardian’s permission. In the event we learn that we collected personal information from anyone under the age of 18, and do not have a parent or guardian’s consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about anyone under the age of 18, please contact us at email@example.com or call us Monday through Friday, 9:00AM – 5:00PM Eastern Time at 1.202.682.0208.
Contacting EPIC about your privacy preferences
LEGAL DISCLOSURE / MORE INFORMATION
Information concerning the Education for Peace in Iraq Center, Inc., including financial, licensing, or charitable purpose(s) may be obtained, without cost, by calling 1-202-682-0208 or by writing to us at EPIC, 900 2nd St NE, Suite 216, Washington, DC 20002.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
EPIC maintains this website (“materials, electronic products and/or services”) in order to provide you with information about our mission, our work, and to enable you to interact with us online. This Linking and Use Agreement describes our understanding with you when you visit our website and use our materials, electronic products and and/or services. YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, OUR MATERIALS, ELECTRONIC PRODUCTS AND SERVICES AND/OR DOWNLOADING OF MATERIALS FROM OUR WEBSITE CONSTITUTES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH HEREIN.
EPIC’s website, our materials, electronic products and/or services have several features. In addition to providing descriptions of our programs and how we help young people in need across Iraq and the Kurdistan Region of Iraq, the website provides you with the opportunity to donate or interact with us and download links for use on your website. We encourage you to read the entire policy as it sets forth our understanding with you when you visit our website. These terms and conditions have been developed for your protection, as well as ours.
Throughout this policy, you will see the terms “EPIC,” “we,” “our,” and “us” – these terms refer to the Education for Peace in Iraq Center, Inc. a registered Washington, DC corporation with tax-exempt status pursuant to Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3). You will also see the terms “I,” “you,” “your,” and “yours” — these terms refer to visitors to and users of our Website. In the United States, EPIC is the sole owner of the name “Education for Peace in Iraq Center” which, is a registered trademark. In addition, EPIC is the U.S. licensee of the EPIC logo. Your use of the name and logo and/or links bearing the name and logo acknowledges EPIC’s exclusive ownership of the name and/or right to use the logo. All use of or goodwill associated with the name, logo, our materials, electronic products and/or services will inure to the benefit of EPIC or its licensors. The logo, electronic products and services are provided without warranties of any kind, express or implied, including without limitation, warranties of title or non-infringement. Use of our materials, electronic products and/or services provided at the site is solely at your own risk.
LINKING TO EPIC’s WEBSITE AND USE OF WEBSITE MATERIALS, NAME AND LOGO, AND TECHNOLOGY
EPIC appreciates informational and educational uses of the EPIC website, our materials, electronic products and/or services, including our name and logo. However, there are limits on the uses, including the use of the name and logo and the links bearing the name and/or logo.
- Use of the name and logo or links bearing the name and logo may not indicate or create an impression that EPIC endorses, approves, sponsors or is affiliated with your products, goods, services or your website.
- Your use of the name and logo or links bearing the name and logo may not indicate or create an impression that EPIC will benefit from the sale of any good or service.
- Links bearing the name and logo may only be used for the purpose of linking to the EPIC website as designated within the link.
- The links bearing the name and logo will always be active links.
- The name and logo and/or link bearing the name and logo may not be combined with any other graphic elements; nor may they be altered in any manner including size, proportions, font, design, arrangement, colors or elements; nor may they be animated, morphed or otherwise distorted in perspective or appearance.
- The name and logo and/or link bearing the name and logo may not appear more prominently than your personal, company, product or service website name.
- You will not transfer, assign, sell, reproduce, distribute or otherwise exploit the name and logo or your link to us.
- The EPIC name and logo and/or link bearing the name and logo may not appear on any pages of any websites that include content or advertising for alcoholic beverages, tobacco, pornography, religious material, partisan material, political material or firearms.
- Appropriate action by EPIC may include, but is not limited to, the revocation of the right to use the name and logo and/or any links bearing the name and logo, in which event you agree to remove the name and logo and/or the links bearing the name and logo within 2 business days of notice of revocation.It is improper, and may be a violation of law, for you to post or download and distribute any material that you do not own or for which you do not have permission to use. PLEASE BE AWARE: violation of someone’s copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights may subject you to civil and/or criminal penalties.
INAPPROPRIATE USE OF EPIC MATERIALS, ELECTRONIC PRODUCTS AND SERVICES AND/OR TECHNOLOGY
It is inappropriate to use EPIC’s website, our materials, including the EPIC name and logo, electronic products and/or services for illegal, inappropriate, or obscene purposes, or in support of such activities.
We define these terms as follows:
“Illegal activities” are those that violate laws, regulations and/or private agreements, including federal or state laws governing charitable activities, copyright laws, trademark laws, license agreements or other intellectual property rights.
Listed below are some, but not all, prohibited activities that may result in action by EPIC:
- Posting, transmitting, or facilitating in the promotion of illegal content through our website or electronic products and services.
- Using our website, our material, electronic products and/or services to harass, threaten, embarrass, or do anything else to another visitor or third party that is unwanted.
- Transmitting or facilitating distribution of content that is untrue, threatening, harassing, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, vulgar, sexually explicit, obscene, defamatory, or objectionable.
- Using the name and logo or links bearing the name and logo on websites which EPIC finds, in its sole discretion, to be objectionable or which includes obscene, violent, intolerant, tasteless, denigrating or sexually oriented content or materials.
- Disrupting the flow of any chat areas with vulgar language, abusiveness, or other conduct that may disrupt normal activities.
- Pretending to be anyone whom you are not. You may not impersonate EPIC staff, or anyone else.
- Attempting to get a password, other account information, or other private information from others, or harvest e-mail addresses or other information.
- Posting any unsolicited content or designs, including advertising and promotional materials, at our website.
- EPIC reserves the right to make any change to the information and/or license provided herein at any time for any reason. You acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for keeping up with any such changes.
- Federal and District of Columbia law shall govern this agreement.
Last Updated August 2015
POLICY ON THE TAKING AND USE OF PHOTOGRAPHY OF CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE
EPIC Photography promotes the appropriate use of images of children in all media. The accurate and respectful visual representation of children everywhere is part of defending children’s rights, including their rights to expression, privacy and protection. Recognizing that children are frequently at risk of abuse, discrimination, stigma or other exploitation if their name or visual identity is known, EPIC promotes international photography norms that protect children’s identities – in both the making and the use of images of children – as needed.
We are committed to do no harm and protect the safety and privacy of all children and young people who are reached through our charitable work.
As part of that commitment, EPIC will:
- Avoid using children’s names (first name or surname) in photograph captions. If the child is named, we will avoid using his or her photograph. If the photograph is used, we will avoid naming the child.
- Use a parental permission form to obtain consent for a child to be photographed/videoed.
- Obtain child’s permission to use their image.
- Only use images of children in suitable dress to reduce the risk of inappropriate use.
- Not allow photographers unsupervised access to children.
- Provide written expectations of professional photographers or the press who are invited to an event, making clear the organization’s expectations of them in relation to child protection. Furthermore, we will never approve photography sessions outside the event or at a child’s home.
ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION (coming soon)